Nov 4, 2009

Peace Beyond Compare


"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:7

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

As some of you may know, I have been very quiet the past few weeks because of the passing of my Grandmother. My grandmother is the first death that my family has experienced in 23 years. While her death brought me much sadness, God granted something that me and my family needed more than anything and that was His peace. My grandmother lived a very peaceful and joyful life. She enjoyed her family, friends and sometimes strangers in a unique way through love and giving. However her death left me troubled. I prayed continually for many things during her sickness and even during her passing, I needed God's peace to carry me through the journey. As God gave us peace, he allowed me to learn a few things about it in the process.

There are a few characteristics about God's Peace that I would like to leave with you. It brings a spirit that calms the storms of life. The same way Jesus calmed the raving storm on the Sea of Galilee, God's peace brings unparrelled calm. God's peace also brings clarity. When storms cease, clear sight is on the horizon. When we allow God to give us Peace, we cease to worry or fret causing us to see a situation, person or problem for what it really is. Third and lastly, God's peace is unexplainable, Phillipians 4:7 says that God's peace transcends our understanding. When we experience God's peace, God allows our hearts to be consumed by peace and the thought of our problems is relieved. Even if the circumstances of a situation do not change, we have a peace that allows us to rise to victory. Don't spend time trying to contemplate the Peace of God simply ask for it and rest in it.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your unexplainable peace. You have promised in your word that Peace is available to me today. I petition you for peace right now. I rest in the fact that it is mine today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment