Oct 14, 2009

Got Power?


"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory." Psalms 63:1-2

Have you ever taken a moment to think about how much God does for us on a daily basis? He wakes us with new mercy every day, gives us strength to perform various tasks throughout the day such as working, taking children to school, running errands, and etc. Whether you realize it or not, God is the source of our energy and enables us with the ability to do all that we do day in and day out. As we go about living our lives, it is very important that we take time to connect to the source.

In Psalms ch. 63, David expresses to God just how much he needs to be connected to him. He likens it to water in a dry and weary land, this was and currently is a necessity for our lives. Water is needed to sustain our lives. For a moment lets consider a modern day necessity, our cell phones. No matter the make or model, cell phones are a necessity on most people's list. Many will search high and low for their cell phone if its lost, while others buy the latest and greatest in cell phone technology for one purpose and one purpose only: to stay connected. My cell phone taught me a very important lesson about God recently. I have a Blackberry and just like any other phone, it has to be charged from a power source in order to function properly. If it does not get power from its source, it displays a message that says "Low Battery, No Signal Recieved" therefore causing the phone to be disconnected and unable to recieve and send out any type of signal at all no phone calls, emails, text messages or voicemails will be communicated from the phone when it is in this status. It gets nothing, zero, zilch, nada, nope! Nothing at all. If the power source is this important to a cell phone, how much more do you think we need to be connected to our power source? God allows us to connect and commune with him because he is the source that energizes and sustains us. As we allow him to provide power, we function properly and recieve the right signal, which is his direct instruction for our lives. Do you have power or low batteries? Need a power boost? HE is just a prayer away.....

Prayer: Lord, I acknowledge you as the Source of all things. I pray that you will balance my life and allow me to focus on spending time in your presence. As I lean and depend on you to be the source, I realize that you are the nessessity my soul seeks. Lead me to your throne of Grace where I can experience your resourceful power. I thank you now for this and all things. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment