Sep 5, 2009

Courage of A Leader


"I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. No one will be able to stand up againest you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and very courageous." Joshua 1:3,5,7 (NIV)
In the opening book of Joshua, God is giving a charge to Joshua as the new servant leader of Israel. Moses has died and God is raising Joshua to lead to children of Israel into the land that he promised them when they departed Egypt. This would require battle in order to seize the Promise Land. It was certain that Joshua was feeling the pressure of this assignment and he needed the guidance and courage of His Heavenly Father during this time. Tens of thousands of people were depending on Joshua to lead them; Joshua was depending on God.
The promises listed in Joshua 1:1-9 were recorded for a very special reason, the same courage that was imparted to Joshua is available for us today. God desires us to be courageous as we go through life's journey, conquering its obstacles, and possessing all that he called us to. He wants us to know that he is with us every step of the way. Every place that the Israelites set their feet was conquerable if they courageously continued to walk with God. Where is God calling you to courageously go today? Wherever you are headed, if you are in his will, you are walking with a promise to conquer, accept the challenge and know that God is on your side. He is waiting to impart you with courage.
Prayer: Jehovah, give me the courage to go in the direction you have called me to go. I denounce any obstacles that stand in the way of me completing your instruction for my life. I believe that I have been called to conquer and I standly boldly on your promises. Amen.

1 comment: