Sep 11, 2010

An Open Hand

"The everlasting God is your place of safety, his arms will hold you up forever." Deut. 33:27A (NCV)

     The first flight I ever took was to Madrid,Spain. Needless to say, I was a bit apprehensive about the 13 hour flight that would include two transfers. Honestly, I didn't really know what to expect. The sight of the large 957 Boeing plane zooming quickly from a runway, elevating high in the sky was a little overwhelming to say the least. As I boarded the plane, buckled my seatbelt and laid my head back, I asked God a question. I closed my eyes and said, "show me your hand". In my mind, I could see the plane that I was on in the palm of God's hand. This brought much comfort and as I breathed a sigh of relief on top of a "Thank you God" I knew that my flight was "palm protected". I have taken many flights since then and the routine is still the same, "God, show me your hand" and everytime he opens it, there is the plane.
As I journey through life, I have asked God this same question as it pertains to life. "God, show me your hand". In it encompasses my life, the situations and moments that I will face both good, unseen and unfortunate all there together, somehow making perfect sense in the hand of God. His hand does not change. It always offers provision, protection, and a proclamation that he will never leave or forsakes those he loves, which includes all of us.
Prayer: God, thank you for my life residing in your hand. Your hand never fails, they lift me up during times of trouble and offer hope that is everlasting. Thank you for the assurance that when I ask, you will open your hand and show me what I need to see. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment