Jun 9, 2011

Letters from my heart: Communication to God

     Communication is a two way street. Over the last six months, I have learned a lot about communication especially with God. My prayer life has been greatly enriched by being sensitive to God's voice and intentional about communicating with him through prayer. He has spoken in many ways: through his word, through people and personally to me in my devotional time.
As a result of these prayers, I decided to write a six part blog series called Letters from my heart: Communication with God. Over the course of the next few weeks, I will post blogs with specific types of prayers including prayers of: victory, affirmation, intercession, healing, strength and thanksgiving.   Each prayer is one that has helped me in my time of need. My hope is that these prayers will encourage your faith and direct you to speak to the Father for yourself. God hears your prayers and will surely answer them according to his will. Prayer is about you sincerely communicating your innermost requests and feelings to God and more importantly allowing him
to communicate his promises to you.

Victory:
As you go through life, you will encounter difficult moments. These moments do not always come as a result of something you have done, they happen to all of us. The most important thing to remember about difficult moments is that you have victory through God. Victory is an aspect of knowing that you will overcome what ever you are facing. In order to fully possess victory it starts by a change of mindset and changing the words that you say. Life and death is in the power of your tongue (Proverbs 18:21), what you declare, you will possess. Speaking victory is imperative to possessing it.

Prayer:
I will not be afraid by the arrow by day; nor the trouble that comes by night. I will stand firm in the Lord and in the power of his might. I refuse to lose. I will believe the word of the Lord and I proclaim victory in every area of my life. No weapon formed against me will prosper; I believe the word of victory that God has spoken.
Failure is not an option for me. I do not accept defeat in any form. I bind the plan and plot of the enemy right now. I refuse to be denied. I will live by the word: believing, receiving and proclaiming it is how I will possess victory. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment