Jun 22, 2011

Letters from My Heart: A Prayer of Strength

"Be strong and very courageous." Joshua 1:7a


Strength
During the course of life we become tired, weary and worn out. Becoming weary is not just a physical expression of weakness; it applies to the spirit, mind, and soul as well. The obstacles of life that we face on a daily basis can cause fear, doubt, unbelief and a host of other things that can zap our strength. It is in these times that we find ourselves crying out for help and strength. In our weakness, we have access to a source of strength that is unwavering, consistent and always ready to give.
God's strength is like none we have ever experienced. As we pray for strength, he graciously supplies it for us. God gives us a commandment throughout his word to be strong, courageous and to stand firm. In this command, we find the strength we need through him to do just that. God wants to strengthen your life in order for it to be a testament of his greatness. Rely on his strength today and you will experience the very best that God has in store for you.

Prayer
Lord, your name is my strong tower (Proverbs 18:10). I am in need of your strength. You promised in your word that your power is made perfect in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). You have given me the authority to call on your name and lean on you to strengthen me in every area of my life.
I am grateful Lord that I can rely on your strong hand to keep me in all wisdom, peace and understanding. I ask that you prepare my heart and mind to receive your strength. Thank you Lord for filling me, your vessel to be an example of your awesome power. Because of you, I am made strong. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment